Nguyen Giap Hong
Experienced Product Manager with 5+ years of cross-functional experience in the development of software products across industries. Proven track record of delivering successful products on time and within budget. User-focused, data-informed, and agile product manager with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
Research, Planning/Roadmap, Execution, Organization, Problem Solving, Analytics
Agile/Waterfall, Risk Management, Stakeholder Management, Communication, Coordination, Documentation
HTML, CSS, JS, Python, SQL, GSheet/Excel, Google Analytics, Amplitude, UML, SEO
Wireframe/Mockup, UX, User Flow, Figma
Bachelor of Engineering, Environmental Engineering
Bach Khoa University, 2015
Fundamentals of Machine Learning, Deep Learning
Structure Machine Learning Project
Product Manager @ Tiki
Tiki is one of Vietnam's top e-commerce sites which focusing on product quality and customer experience. I was responsible for leading the development of Tini App Platform, a mini-app/mini-program platform with the vision of helping small businesses run and sell their products online easier.
- Led the development and launch of the Tini App Platform, which includes multiple products serving a variety of user groups, from proof of concept to official launch within 6 months.
- Organized two hackathon events to validate the MVP and launch the platform. The first hackathon was held internally to validate the MVP across Tiki's teams. The second hackathon was held to attract potential partners, and resulted in 5 partners signing up and releasing their Tini apps within 3 months.
- Led a team of 20 members to develop the Tini App Platform using Agile methodologies. This approach allowed for incremental delivery of features and helped partners reduce the cost of mini-app development. The platform has since launched successfully 50 mini apps and games within 2 years.
- Conducted research and explored potential use cases and markets for the Tini App Platform. This led to the development of templates for e-commerce, food delivery, and booking, which helped partners reduce their development time from months to weeks.
- Provided support and consultation to partners on mini-app flows, development, and integrations, which helped partners develop their apps quickly, within 1 or 2 months.
- Built and grew the Tini App community from zero to 2,000 members through a variety of activities, including hackathons, sharing sessions, and online forums.
- Grew mini-app users and customers with no marketing budget by negotiating with other teams across Tiki to promote mini-apps through new channels and entry points. This increased the adoption rate of mini apps to 10% of Tiki MAU, which accounted for 1 million MAU.
Project Manager @ Tiki & Ticketbox
As a project manager, I helped build the core team and Agile processes for Ticketbox, Social Commerce Platform and Tini App Platform, as well as delivered several successful and impactful projects.
- Established a project management approach and framework for Ticketbox PMO that enabled the team to deliver projects successfully within budget and on time.
- Established an Agile-based development process and coached the team on Agile methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban. This approach allowed for incremental delivery of features and helped the team to be more responsive to change.
- Managed projects to host major events, such as Show của Đen, F1, and VCS, which sold out 1,000+ tickets within 10 minutes, and supported the after-sale processes.
- Delivered many successful projects within baseline such as movie ticketing, livestreaming event service, Social Commerce Platform.
- Organized monthly sharing sessions for team members on topics related to engineering, design, productivity, and project management, which helped to keep the team up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices.
Technical Program Manager @ Wecash
Wecash was a fintech company that applying big data and machine learning to credit scoring and lending. As a TPM, I managed and coordinated a program to launch Wecash in Vietnam.
- Successfully coordinated with cross-regional teams across China, Indonesia, Singapore, and Vietnam to deliver Wecash in Vietnam within 6 months.
- Launched an MVP lending app in Vietnam that successfully validated the market and collected data for the AI model.
- Collaborated with other teams to define product requirements, user flows, UIs and SOPs to comply with local regulations.
Project Manager @ Naughty Vision
Naughty Vision was founded by a few members of Silicon Strais Saigon (SSS) with an enthusiasm for product development, user-centric UX/UI and technology. It got acquired by Wecash in May 2018. My main responsibilities were managing projects and building relationships with our partners.
- Managed and delivered projects for clients in various industries including Fulbright Vietnam, Viet Capital Assess Management (VCAM), Ernest.io, Enterprise.vn and Wecash Indonesia.
- Built project management process, development process and quality control process to fit a company with only 10 members.
Project Manager @ Silicon Straits Saigon
SSS was an outsourcing company with great culture that had involved in the development of many famous startups such as Carousell, Parcel Perform, 7-11 Vietnam… I learned much about project management and product development while working here and delivering successfully a few local projects.
Content Marketing Executive @ SSS
I created content and content plan for internal and external marketing at SSS with topics in technology, product management, UI/UX, and entrepreneurship, besides managing and optimizing company website for SEO.